April 12, 2018
National Grilled Cheese Day… where have you been all my life?!
This post is a little late to the grilled cheese game… since I started writing this after 10pm but Kristen and I had a late dinner plus we’re watching our Thursday shows at the same time. Multi tasking at it’s finest!
Oh! I suck at flipping grilled cheese. I would have taken a photo of the mess that was my flip… but I was in panic mode.
That being said… this Turkey Bacon and Avocado Grilled Cheese, was delicious! Fresh artisan bread is to die for and the avocados were perfect! I only wish I cooked the whole pack of turkey bacon so we could be snacking on it right now, not that there’s room left in my stomach for it.
What you need: (for 2 sandwiches)
- 4 slices of artisan bread mmmmm….
- 6 slices of turkey bacon
- 1 avocado
- 6 slices of mozzarella
- 1 ripe tomato
- 2 tbsp of butter
- basil leaves
& what you need to do:
I’m going to list the steps that we followed; however, if I was to do this again, I think I would just do the buttered bread and cheese on the store and pull the slices apart to stack the other toppings… would be much easier to flip and the cheese would melt faster.
- Heat frying pan over medium heat
- Butter one side of each slice of bread (lots of butter)
- Place one slice of bread, butter side down on the frying pan, and layer your cheese on top.
- Next layer your bacon, avocado slices, tomato and basil before placing a second slice of bread, butter side up on top.
- After about 3-4 minutes (when cheese is melted) you’re going to attempt the flip… good luck, be careful… I failed
- After about another 4 minutes, if your cheese is melted you’re good to go! Serve that sucker up!
Mike wanted one when he got home so I tried making it with out the toppings and adding them after… much easier and tastes the same… definitely recommend.
Is there a grilled cheese recipe you love?
Let us know in the comments below!
I want to give brie and blueberry on honey bread a shot…..<insert my drooling face here>