Do you ever get in the mood to eat a cookie? You know… chewy and chocolaty and right out of the oven?
I clearly do, too often actually. But thank goodness for the good ol’ internet! One evening, I had a need for such a cookie and a pack of white chocolate chips, burning a hole in the pockets that are my cupboards.
The original recipe is from Just So Tasty and they say to use semi sweet or dark chocolate chips but I swapped them for white chocolate, thinking the colour contrast would be prettier.In
The cookies are really easy to make but do require a chill time in the fridge of at least 2 hours. It’s important to chill them in the fridge if you want to achieve the amazing texture. You can also place them in a Ziploc bag after chilling if you want to freeze them to make at another time.
What you need:
- 1 stick and 2 tbsp. of softened unsalted butter (11tbsp)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- tb1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg- room temp
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cup chocolate chips (I used a little less then a full bag, it was probably missing a handful that we snacked on)
What you do:
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a large bowl, beat your butter and sugars together
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed
- In a medium bowl, mix your flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt
- Slowly add your dry ingredients into the large bowl, containing your wetingredients
- With a wooden spoon, mix in your chocolate chips
- Roll your cookie dough into balls around 3 tbsp. big and place on your baking sheets about 1-2 inches apart. Flatten the balls a little but you want your cookies to be taller than they are wide.
- Cover baking sheets with plastic wrap and place in fridge to chill for at least 2 hours.
- Near the end of chilling, pre heat oven to 350° for 10-12 minutes
- Remove from oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing from baking sheet
Do you have a chewy cookie recipe we should try?
Let us know in the comments!
We got this recipe from https://www.justsotasty.com/soft-batch-double-chocolate-cookies/