This Lemon-Dill Salmon is amazing on the BBQ! Grilled on a cedar plank with the perfect combination of dill and lemon, this salmon is definitely going to be the highlight of your dinner tonight!
I also love this salmon dish because you can easily switch it up and cook it in your oven. Allowing you to enjoy this dish all year! It’s also really easy to prep, as long as you have your ingredients you just throw them on top and cook it. Measurements are just a guideline and after you cook it once you can adjust to more or less according to how you like it.
We love to pair this salmon with some wild rice(although we only had white rice this time) and asparagus, but really it would be great with most sides.
We like to fry any pieces we trim off in the frying pan and snack on those while we wait for dinner. Just splash a bit of olive oil in the bottom of a frying pan, over medium-high heat once the pan is hot place your salmon skin side down, let cook for about 10 minutes. Salmon should be pink and flaky on the inside but not dry.
Cedar Plank needs to be submerged in water and left there for about 2 hours before you place it on the BBQ.
What you need:
- Cedar plank (You can get these at your grocery store, normally kept by the salmon for under $5)
- Salmon (if the piece is too big for the plank, trim it to size and you can use those trimmings in the frying pan)
- 1-2 tbsp. of olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (approx.)
- 1 tsp pepper (approx.)
- 2 tsp fresh dill, finely chopped
- 1 lemon
What you do:
- Turn on BBQ and let heat up while you prep fish
- Trim your salmon to fit the cedar plank.
- Rub the top of your salmon in olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top of the salmon
- Now sprinkle the dill over top
- Cut your lemon in half. Take half and squeeze the juices over your salmon
- Take the half and slice it, place the slices on the top of your salmon.
- Now the salmon goes on the cedar plank, skin side down and now both go on the BBQ
- BBQ for 20-30 minutes. Middle of salmon should be pink and flaky but moist and the bottom of your cedar plank will be completely charred.
Have you checked out Kristen’s go to Salmon recipe? This salmon was rightfully named Slutty Salmon due to all it’s buttery goodness. Be sure to take a look!